The Religious Institute is a multifaith organization dedicated to advocating for sexual health, education, and justice in faith communities and society. This mission involves:
- Developing and supporting a network of clergy, religious educators, theologians, ethicists and other religious leaders committed to sexual justice.
- Developing and supporting the Faithful Voices Network, a multifaith network of people of faith who share a commitment to comprehensive sexuality education, sexual health and reproductive justice, and full inclusion of women and LGBT persons in congregational life and society.
- Building the capacity of religious institutions and clergy to provide sexuality education within the context of their faith traditions.
- Helping congregations, seminaries, and denominations to become sexually healthy faith communities.
- Educating the public and policymakers about a progressive religious vision of sexual morality, justice, and healing.